Jonah Pirsig told the Pioneer Press that his decision will be between three Big Ten schools. Iowa, Wisconsin, and rumored leader and home state Minnesota. Pirsig is rated the #3 player in the state of Minnesota by Rivals.com, the #58 overall tackle. Rivals ranks Pirsig a three star recruit while Scout.com ranks him four stars.
While I mentioned that the rumors have the Gophers in the lead, some fans are getting nervous. Over at Gopherhole.com they have an official "Pirsig Watch" thread that is pretty entertaining.
HawkeyeInsider's Rob Howe tweeted that Laron Taylor, of Cass Tech in Detroit will decide between Iowa and Cincinnati next week. Taylor is a two star recruit on Rivals.com and rated a three star by Scout.
The Hawkeyes are thought to be the leader for Taylor's verbal commitment. Cincinnati fans think Laron will choose them because they have "cooler uniforms." Serious. Taylor will hold a press conference, not sure of the time.
- Rob Howe tweeted today that coach Ferentz expects the 2012 recruiting class to be in the high teens
- Howe also tweeted that Ferentz does expect to get a QB in this class
- Iowa has made offensive lineman Nate Lohn's top four
- Sheldon Day will use one of his five official visits to check out Iowa, he also recently received an Auburn offer
- Jordan Diamond plans to visit Iowa along with Florida, Arkansas, Oregon, Auburn and others
- Greg Garmon was thought to be a North Carolina lean but with Butch Davis being fired he says that changes things. Garmon's top three was NC, Iowa and Illinois.