(Note, there is heavy use of "I" in this post and it's perhaps douchey. You've been warned)
Here we go:
I'll start with the Spring Game observations that were posted in this blog post here.
- Keenan Davis was dramatically improved and I declared him the game/practice MVP...good
- The DLine lacked depth, I called for possible PT for a true frosh (not gonna happen)
- Noted the second crop of WR's needed work, no one stood out, including KMM
- Noted that De'Andre Johnson looked improved. Not enough apparently
- Hey! I had Rodney Coe getting reps this year! Doh!
- Not freshman related but I did say that we had no reason to worry about the TE's
- I also picked Krieger-Cobler over Hamilton, it was a rouge pick
- I did have Nico Law, Lomax and Campbell playing
- Hey, I did a not-so-fast on Cooper, Raymon and McMinn getting reps
- I had Alston and Spears getting PT, that was before Spears switched to DE
Here is a post where I discussed the potential problems for Iowa's Dline.
Moving on to Kid's Day observations that took place in August.
- Hey! I had Darian Cooper playing this year, whoops!
- I thought maybe both Hillyer and Grant would play this year, 1/2 ain't bad
- I also said Kevonte Martin-Manley would be a question mark
- I switched from Krieger-Coble to Hamilton seeing the field. Good guess
- Called McCall a no-brainer for PT
- I also picked Canzeri over Bullock for PT, they've both played due to McCall's injury
- I said the defense was a work in progress and there would be growing pains
Here are my Big Ten predictions.
- Hey! I had Michigan State 11-1. Don't see that happening now.
- I gave Minnesota and Indiana four wins each
- Illinois looks better than 7-5 while OSU looks worse than 9-3
- Including a 30-10 win over ISU. OUCH!
- I said the crowd noise in Jack Trice wouldn't hinder the Hawks DOH!
- I called Pitt Iowa's first test of the season, again DOH!